Fortis Engineering & Manufacturing Inc. has successfully been audited by an expert third party certifier for ISO Quality Management System (QMS) and is pleased to announce that it meets all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001-2016, and ISO 45001-2018 and are certified to these Standards.
- A new International Standards (formally OHSAS 18001) that specifies requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) management system, to enable Fortis to proactively improve OH&S performance in preventing injury and ill-health. Fortis is one of the first companies in Canada to achieve this Standard
ISO 45001-18 demonstrates that Fortis is committed to improve OH&S performance by:
- Developing and implementing an OH&S policy and OH&S objectives
- Establishing systematic processes which consider its "context" and which consider its risks and opportunities, legal, and other requirements
- Determining the hazards and OH&S risks associated with its activities; seeking to eliminate them, or putting in controls to minimize their potential effects
- Establishing operational controls to manage its OH&S risks and its legal and other requirements
ISO 9001-15 demonstrates that Fortis is committed to:
- Total quality management
- Customer focus
- A continuous improvement process approach implemented throughout the organization
- Critical processes and their interactions are understood and documented
- A strong management commitment to all these facets of the ISO 9001
- Integrating Risk Management into all aspects of the business
- Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long-term environmental impacts of Fortis' products, services, and processes. Through Certification in this Standard, Fortis can assure stakeholders that our environmental management system meets international industry specific environmental standards.
ISO 14001-2016 demonstrates that Fortis is committed to:
- Minimize the environmental footprint
- Diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- Provide operational improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation
- Develop their business in a sustainable manner
- Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste, and energy management
- Increasing awareness of OH&S risks
- Evaluating its OH&S performance and seeking to improve it, by taking appropriate actions
- Ensuring workers take an active role in OH&S matters
Fortis Mining Engineering and Manufacturing recently completed a job that required both engineering, manufacturing, and fabrication services. Searching for an efficient and safer alternative to transport reels, Fortis Mining Engineering and Manufacturing was tasked with creating a Reel Winder Trailer to fit specific client needs.
There are many unique specifications that the client required Fortis Mining Engineering and Manufacturing to adhere to to ensure the success of the Reel Winder Trailer.
The location that the reels were to be moved is very narrow. Therefore, the Reel Winder Trailer had to be engineered to move through this space, while still allowing for the pick up of different sizes of reels from diameter to width.
The engineered Reel Winder Trailer is narrow and capable of picking up various sizes of reels up to a maximum capacity of 21 tons using hydraulic auxiliary outlets.
Wire rope, plastic, pipe, and numerous other products that come on a reel can be transported using the Reel Winder Trailer. Fortis Mining Engineering and Manufacturing was able to successfully meet the client's specific and unique needs in order to provide a superior solution for reel transport.
For more information on custom solutions and services, please contact Fortis Mining Engineering and Manufacturing.
Phone: (306) 242-4427
Toll Free: (844) 542-2247