During the first month of 2019, Fortis partnered with sister company Northern Strands in Regina at the SaskTel headquarters to complete a Swing Stage replacement on the approximate 200' rooftop.
A 275T crane was supplied by Prairie Crane and a major road closure, just over half of Saskatchewan Drive, was setup by ATS Traffic. The crane spanned just over a one block radius.
We would like to thank Prairie Crane and ATS Traffic for helping facilitate completing this job as effectively and as safe as possible.
Fortis Mining Engineering and Manufacturing is a privately owned company based out of Saskatoon, SK. that provides mining, engineering and manufacturing services to the mining and construction industries. The company has a global focus that offers contracting, subcontracting and consulting services to a wide range of customers. Fortis is comprised of 6 divisions; Mining, Engineering, Manufacturing & Fabrication, Health & Safety, Equipment Testing & Recertification and Mechanical Services.
Fortis Engineering & Manufacturing Inc. has successfully been audited by an expert third party certifier for ISO Quality Management System (QMS) and is pleased to announce that it meets all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001-2016, and ISO 45001-2018 and are certified to these Standards.
Northern Strands offers the largest rental fleet of suspended access equipment in Saskatchewan. Northern Strands Suspended Access Division rents and sells swing stages, specialized work platforms, lifting systems and material handling solutions. We offer standard swing stage configurations along with specialized platforms and lifting systems.
For more information about these capabilities, please click the following links:
- A new International Standards (formally OHSAS 18001) that specifies requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) management system, to enable Fortis to proactively improve OH&S performance in preventing injury and ill-health. Fortis is one of the first companies in Canada to achieve this Standard
ISO 45001-18 demonstrates that Fortis is committed to improve OH&S performance by:
- Developing and implementing an OH&S policy and OH&S objectives
- Establishing systematic processes which consider its "context" and which consider its risks and opportunities, legal, and other requirements
- Determining the hazards and OH&S risks associated with its activities; seeking to eliminate them, or putting in controls to minimize their potential effects
- Establishing operational controls to manage its OH&S risks and its legal and other requirements
ISO 9001-15 demonstrates that Fortis is committed to:
- Total quality management
- Customer focus
- A continuous improvement process approach implemented throughout the organization
- Critical processes and their interactions are understood and documented
- A strong management commitment to all these facets of the ISO 9001
- Integrating Risk Management into all aspects of the business
- Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long-term environmental impacts of Fortis' products, services, and processes. Through Certification in this Standard, Fortis can assure stakeholders that our environmental management system meets international industry specific environmental standards.
ISO 14001-2016 demonstrates that Fortis is committed to:
- Minimize the environmental footprint
- Diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- Provide operational improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation
- Develop their business in a sustainable manner
- Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste, and energy management
- Increasing awareness of OH&S risks
- Evaluating its OH&S performance and seeking to improve it, by taking appropriate actions
- Ensuring workers take an active role in OH&S matters