Fortis is well known for designing wire rope and electrical cable reel winders, reel trailers and mobile reel handlers for the mining and construction industries in Saskatchewan. So it was no surprise when a local potash mine tasked Fortis to design a custom Hydraulic Reel Trailer for transporting electrical cable underground. The reel trailer needed to be used in conjunction with the mines current CWS hexagonal cable cores and Toyota Land Cruiser personnel carriers. The mine specifically required a self-propelled hydraulic unit to reel large electrical cable and have the ability to lower the reel to allow for "free" wheeling while the gears would be disengaged.
This particular Fortis engineered Power Cable Reel Trailer needed to meet the following specifications :
1. Lift a fully loaded cable core.
2. Reel in 1000ft of cable while trailer remains stationary
3. Safely free wheel cable out while driving
4. Transport fully loaded cable cores
5. Have a self-contained power system to complete the required motions
6. Meet the mines required trailer specs
7. Incorporate a dual axle design
8. Fit within the mines cage dimensions for lowering into the mine
See the below 3D visual renderings of the custom Hydraulic Reel Trailer
Contact Fortis Mining Engineering and Manufacturing for a quote today