In the custom fabrication world most projects come and go however, every now and again there is a unique challenge to get a quality product efficiently completed in order to meet schedule requirements. While considering all aspects at hand and meeting quality control check points, Fortis Manufacturing has risen to the challenge repeatedly throughout its history.
The latest challenge currently being completed at Fortis’ fabrication shop, is a huge conveyor frames order – slightly over 8,100 of them. With Fortis Manufacturing ingenuity, the welding assembly line was born. In order to meet schedule requirements, each process and step needed to be identified and planned in order to ensure efficiency was a key factor.
When you think of a quick turn-around most people think that means rushing. When you rush shortcuts and corners being cut are inevitable in order to maintain the capacity to meet schedule requirements. And the truth is, there are! Fortis takes the following short-cuts to improve efficiency:
- Fortis short-cut the time needed to find parts – everything is in hand reach for fabrication.
- Fortis short-cut the set up time by building fixtures to aid in the welding.
- Fortis short-cut the time for moving welded components – Work areas were identified and staged to keep productivity levels at acceptable speeds.
- Fortis short-cut rework requirements by establishing continuous checks throughout the fabrication cycle.
With all these shortcuts certainly other areas will suffer? Actually, by identifying and planning the work for these frames, Fortis is also accomplishes the following:
- All the clients’ specifications are being met.
- Detailed inspection test plans are developed and being used to ensure all areas are being monitored and reviewed.
- Safety in design options offered to the Client for approval to highlight safety areas.
- Developing a value added packaging option, which can reduce waste as well as increase operation efficiency with moving a large volume of product.
- Ensuring all industry regulations and requirements are upheld like CWB certifications and industry requirements.
Fortis Mining, Engineering, and Manufacturing has the capability to fulfill all your Industrial needs. From engineering, to welding, to machining, to install, Fortis can complete all your project requirements. No job is too complex or too small, Fortis will work through them all.
Please visit www.fortiscorporation.com for a full company profile and please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-242-4427 to contact Fortis to see how we can help you with you next project.
Fortis MIning, Engineering and Manufacturing is proudly Saskatoon, Saskatchewan owned and operated.